2,500 distinguished students recognized nationwide
The National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) announced today that six Lake Washington School District students will receive National Merit $2500 Scholarships:
- Audrey Hsu, Juanita High School
- Sam Schwabacher, Juanita High School
- Suejean Hwangpo, Lake Washington High School
- Maya Balakrishnan, Redmond High School
- Tara Balakrishnan, Redmond High School
- Jihoon Lee, Redmond High School
These six students are part of the 2,500 distinguished high school seniors nationwide to win this scholarship. They were selected from a talent pool of more than 15,000 outstanding Finalists in the 2012 National Merit Scholarship Program.
National Merit $2500 Scholarship winners are the Finalists in each state judged to have the strongest combination of accomplishments, skills, and potential for success in rigorous college studies. A committee of college admissions officers and high school counselors selected these students as Scholarship winners. These Scholars may use their awards at any regionally accredited U.S. college or university.