Good To Go! mobile center visits Kirkland this week
Tolling on the SR 520 Bridge starts soon and the Washington State Department of Transportation is encouraging drivers to open aGood To Go! account now to avoid the inevitable last-minute rush before tolling starts.
Kirkland residents can open a Good To Go! account at the following locations:
- Kirkland City Hall, 123 5th Avenue, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 15 and Wednesday, Nov. 16
- 76 Gas Station, 3828 Lake Washington Boulevard NE, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily Tuesday, Nov. 15 through Friday, Nov. 18
You can buy your Good To Go! Passes at the event and then go home and set up your account online or over the phone. Or, the customer service representatives will be happy to set up your account for you on site. If you’re planning to set up the account at the mobile unit, be sure to bring your vehicle license plate number, make and model, as well as a payment method.
Toll rates on the SR 520 Bridge will vary by time of day with cheaper rates during off-peak hours. A Good To Go! Pass is the easiest way to pay the toll and drivers with accounts will save $1.50 in tolls each time they cross the SR 520 Bridge.
There will not be toll booths on SR 520. All tolls will be collected electronically. With a pre-paid Good To Go! account, tolls are automatically deducted without stopping or slowing down. Once you have an account, it’s good on any tolled facility in the state. If you don’t have an account, a toll bill with a higher toll rate will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle.
For those planning to purchase new passes, it’s important to consider your options. With five different Good To Go! Passes and the ability to mix-and-match if you have several vehicles, drivers can order the right passes to meet their needs:
- Sticker pass: Cheapest pass option is a permanent sticker that cannot be moved between vehicles and cannot be turned on or off.
- Movable pass: Easily moved between vehicles or put away if you are a carpool using SR 167 HOT lanes.
- Switchable pass: Well-suited for SR 167 HOT lane carpoolers as it can be turned on or off depending on the number of people in the car.
- Motorcycle pass: Adheres to motorcycle headlamp light or visor.
- License plate pass: Mounts on the front license plate.