Kirkland citizens will have a wealth of opportunities to learn about their candidates for city council this year with five candidate forums scheduled over the next two months. The first night of forums is September 19 and it is a double header. Candidates will answer questions at the North Rose Hill Neighborhood meeting and then head to Heritage Hall for the Moss Bay Neighborhood meeting. On September 21, city council candidates will be joined by county council candidates at St. John Vianney Church in Finn Hill (see Jon Pascal letter below). The final candidate forum will be hosted at the Holy Spirit Lutheran Church in Juanita.
All candidate forums are in the Kirkland Calendar where you can subscribe, share, email and even add events to your personal calendar.
- September 19 North Rose Hill Candidate Forum 7:00 p.m. -- Fire Station 26 located at 9930 124th Avenue NE.
- September 19 Moss Bay Neighborhood Candidate Forum 8:00 p.m. -- Heritage Hall located at Central Way and Market Street. Regular meeting starts at 7 p.m.
- September 21 Denny Creek Neighborhood Alliance and Finn Hill Neighbors Candidate Forum 7:00 p.m.-- St. John Vianney Church located at 12600 84th Avenue NE
- October 3 Greater Kirkland Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Candidate Forum 6:00 p.m. -- Woodmark Hotel located at Carillon Point.
- October 16 Holy Spirit Lutheran Church Candidate Forum -- Location: 10021 NE 124th Street.
The following letter describes the September 21 Candidate Forum in Finn Hill in greater detail:
In November, you will be asked to vote in races for three City Council seats and for King County Council District 6, which represents Kirkland, Bellevue and Mercer Island. A great way to learn more about the candidates and their positions is to come to our neighborhood forum that is being held on September 21, at St. John Vianney Catholic Church at 12600 84th Avenue NE from 7 to 9 PM. The forum is being hosted by the Denny Creek Neighborhood Alliance, www.dennycreek.org, and Finn Hill neighbors.
The forum will be monitored by the League of Women Voters. Questions will be presented that have been submitted by Finn Hill neighbors. There’s still time to recommend a question. You can do so by submitting it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All of the candidates for November’s City Council seats and for County Council District 6 will be there. They include:
King County Council District No. 6
Richard Mitchell, www.electrichardmitchell.com
Jane Hague, www.janehague.com
Kirkland City Council
Position No. 2
Bob Sternoff, www.bobsternoff.com
Jason Gardiner, www.gardiner4kcc2.com
Position No. 4
Jessica Greenway, www.kirklandforgreenway.com
Toby Nixon. www.tobynixon.com
Position No. 6
Dave Asher, www.daveasher.org
Jim Hart, www.hartforkirkland.com
This is a terrific opportunity to hear the candidates speak out on the issues important to the Finn Hill neighborhood and Kirkland community. Please consider attending the forum on the 21st so that you can cast a well-informed vote in November!
Finn Hill Neighborhood Group Spokesman