A Collaboration of Arts, Culture, Heritage, Education, and Theatre.
Award will honor a business, organization or individual for outstanding contributions to the Arts, Culture, and/or Heritage in Kirkland.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 1st Annual Kirkland Cultural Council and Mayor’s CACHET Award. Nominators may come from anywhere, but nominees must live, work, or do business in Kirkland or its annexation areas and have made a significant contribution to Kirkland in 2010.
[box]Email an electronic version (saved as a .PDF file) to email@example.com. You may also drop the form off to the City attention to CACHET or you can mail the form according to instructions on the application. All nominations are due by Monday, January 24 at 4 p.m.[/box]
The Kirkland Cultural Council and Mayor’s CACHET (Collaboration of Arts, Culture, Heritage, Education, and Theatre) Award recognizes a business, organization or individual who exemplifies the spirit of CACHET by fostering a vibrant Arts, Culture, and/or Heritage community in the city of Kirkland and its annexation areas.
The awards ceremony will be held on Monday, March 7, 2011 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM at Heritage Hall (203 Market Street, Kirkland). All nominations are due by Monday, January 24th at 4 PM.
- Nominee must either live in and/or do business in and/or be or be part of an organization in the City of Kirkland and/or its annexation areas.
- Nominee may not be a member of the Kirkland City Council, Kirkland Cultural Council, or the Kirkland CACHET committee.
- Although long-term efforts may be included and considered, nominee must have made a significant contribution to the Kirkland arts, culture, and heritage community (see criteria below) during 2010.
The CACHET Award is designed to recognize individuals, businesses, and organizations who significantly contribute to the Kirkland community in some or all of the following ways:
- noticeably add to the artistic, cultural, or heritage environment of Kirkland through their actions
- actively foster and promote the value of enriching and supporting the arts, culture, or heritage locally
- enthusiastically advocate for a vibrant artistic, cultural, or heritage experience in Kirkland
- encourage others to contribute to the artistic, cultural or heritage community in Kirkland
- provide and/or advocate for education and the active practice of the arts, culture, or heritage in Kirkland
- contribute to Kirkland’s reputation as an artistic, cultural, and heritage destination
- vigorously pursue artistic excellence in their own work and/or promote it in the work of others
Nomination & Selection Process
- Please fill out the whole nomination form.
- You may print a hard copy and handwrite your responses or type them directly into the form. If handwriting, please print legibly using a black or blue pen.
- All nominations and support materials submitted become the property of the Kirkland Cultural Council and will not be returned.
- Nominations may be submitted three ways:
- Email an electronic version (saved as a .PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail a hard copy to:
City of Kirkland CACHET Award 123 Fifth Avenue Kirkland, Washington 98033 Attn: Ellen Miller-Wolfe
- Drop off a hard copy at Kirkland City Hall (123 Fifth Ave, Kirkland) in an envelope labeled “Attn: CACHET Award.”
- All nominations are due by Monday, January 24th at 4 PM. Nominations received after that time will not be considered.
- Nominations will be pre-screened by the Kirkland CACHET committee. Final award recipient(s) will be selected by the Kirkland Cultural Council and Mayor Joan McBride.
Download the nomination form: CACHETAwardNominationForm FINAL