The Interstate-90 bridge will be closed periodically each day as the Blue Angels fly over Lake Washington in practice maneuvers leading up to their big show on Seafair Sunday, August 8th. Interstate 90 will be closed to all vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists, eastbound and westbound, mainline and express lanes, between Interstate 5 in Seattle to Island Crest Way on Mercer Island:
- Thursday, Aug. 5: 9:45 a.m. - noon & 1:15 - 2:30 p.m., (Practice)
- Friday, Aug. 6: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Practice)
- Saturday, Aug. 7: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Full show)
- Sunday, Aug. 8: 12:45 p.m. - 2:40 p.m., (Full show)
* The bridge will be closed to pedestrians and cyclists up to 30 minutes prior to posted closure times.
I-90 east of Mercer Island will NOT be closed during the performance, although drivers should note that heavy congestion during these closures often restricts access to the exits.
The I-90 express lanes will close at 9 a.m. on Thursday and at 10:45 a.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The lanes will reopen to eastbound traffic by 3:30 p.m. each day.
Which ramps will be closed?
- Northbound I-5 to eastbound I-90 ramp
- Southbound I-5 to eastbound I-90 ramp
- Southbound and northbound Rainier Avenue ramps
- 76th Avenue to westbound I-90 (closed up to 30 minutes prior to show or practice)
- Island Crest Way to westbound I-90
- Eastbound I-90 to West Mercer Way (closed up to 30 minutes prior to show)
- East Mercer Way to westbound I-90 (closed up to 30 minutes prior to show)
- West Mercer Way to westbound I-90 (up to one hour prior to show or practice)
Will the SR 520 bridge be affected? The SR 520 bridge will remain open to vehicle traffic. We will not open the SR 520 bridge for marine traffic while I-90 is closed. Drivers crossing at SR 520 should expect heavy traffic, significant delays and plan for additional time to cross the lake.