Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the Kirkland Shamrock Run to be held at Marina Park on Saturday, March 15, 2014. Northbound and southbound detours will be in place from 9 to 11 a.m. The Lakeshore Plaza Lot, including Kirkland Avenue from Lake Street to the city dock, will be closed from 5:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. The following lanes will be closed and boat launch access will be unavailable from 9 a.m. until the final athlete finishes at approximately 11 a.m.:
· Eastbound and westbound lanes of Kirkland Avenue from city dock to Main Street
· Eastbound lane of Kirkland Avenue from Main Street to Kirkland Way
· Eastbound lane of Kirkland Way from Kirkland Avenue to 6th Street
· Northbound lane of 6th Street from Kirkland Way to 10th Avenue
· Northbound lane of Market Street from 10th Avenue to 14th Avenue
· Southbound lane of Market Street from Waverly Way to Lakeshore Plaza
Event organizers anticipate 2,000 athletes will participate in the 3rd annual event. Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/.