Construction Update: King County's Kirkland Pump Station Project Nearing Completion
The King County Wastewater Treatment Division is nearing completion on upgrades to the 40‐year‐old Kirkland Pump Station. Upgrades increase capacity, ensure safe and reliable operations and meet current seismic, noise, and odor control standards. Thank you for your patience.
The new pump station has been operational, pumping wastewater, since July, 2013. Since that date, the project team has been busy removing outdated equipment and making final improvements to both the interior and exterior of the pump station. Recently, crews have moved to improving portions of Park Lane. It is anticipated that Park Lane will be opened in April 2014 (ahead of schedule).
Final Pump Station and Park Lane Improvements
Over the last few months, crews have been busy:
- Removing outdated pumps and equipment
- Hauling a construction trailer and materials
- Testing new equipment, including the standby generator
- Finishing off Interior improvements
- Improving the area in front of the pump station:
- Installing fencing and art gates
- Constructing a new roadway and sidewalk
- Completing porous pavement panels and boxes for rain gardens
- Just a few more months of construction! The final project elements include:
- Installing exterior landscaping
- Completing sidewalks
- Finishing interior pump station improvements
- Removing remaining construction trailers and project materials
- Paving Park Lane between Main Street and Third Street
What to Expect
- Work hours Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Noise and other activity typical of a construction site: work crews, trucks, and construction materials.
Questions? 24-hour project information hotline, 206-205-9196
For More Information:
Call the 24-hour project information hotline/Para más información*: 206-205-9196
Contact Heidi Sowell, 206-477-5548, email@example.com
Visit the project Web site: www.kingcounty.gov/environment/wtd/Construction/East/Kirkland.aspx
(*Seleccione su idioma para solicitar hablar con un intérprete, este servicio es gratuito.)