Homeward Pet Adoption Center was founded in 1990 as Hooterville Pet Safehaus. Since then, they have changed their name once, moved three times, and found new homes for more than 22,000 companion animals. Every February, they celebrate another year as one of Washington’s leading no-kill shelters.
February 2013 marks our 23rd Anniversary, and with your help, they are setting their sights on helping even more animals by collecting 230 donations of $23. Donations of just $23 will help provide vaccinations, food, microchips, FeLV/FIV tests, and more. Look for the thermometer on their website as they track life-saving donations all month long.
Plus, on February 23rd, they will hold their special Anniversary Adoption Event. All adoptions will be just $23, and they hope to send a record number of animals home with wonderful new families!
Working together, there is so much they can do.
Visit http://www.homewardpet.org to learn more about Homeward Pet and to see the available cats and dogs. At Homeward Pet our skilled Adoption Counselors are ready to give you personal, one on one attention to help you find the best match for you, one that will become a lifelong member of the family. Remember, adopting a spayed or neutered animal helps reduce pet overpopulation and saves one more dog or cat from being homeless.
Homeward Pet Adoption Center is a non-profit, no-kill shelter serving the Greater Seattle area since 1990. We give homeless animals a second chance and have matched over 22,000 companion animals with loving, safe, forever families. 40% of the animals at Homeward Pet are surrendered by their former owners; the other 60% are rescued from shelters, many that are often forced to resort to euthanasia. While the animals in our shelter wait to be adopted, over 400 volunteers make sure their basic needs are met and give them plenty of love and attention. For some of our animals, that is more than they have ever known.