King County to complete final paving associated with sewer work in downtown Kirkland
From King County:
Starting July 16, a King County contractor will be grinding a thin layer of asphalt and completing the final pavement overlay on Kirkland Avenue from 3rd Street to 6th Street. (See map below)
- Traffic impacts should be anticipated: expect reduced lanes, controlled one-lane travel and road closures in the work area.
- This work will take approximately 2 to 3 days to complete. Work is weather dependent.
Thank you for your patience during construction!
Traffic revisions coming to Kirkland Avenue between 3rd Street and 6th Street
In order to safely and efficiently complete work, reduced lanes and short-term driveway and street closures on Kirkland Avenue will be required.
- Along Kirkland Avenue between 3rd Street and the intersection with Kirkland Way, crews will maintain one lane; flaggers will assist vehicles through the roadway from 7:30 am – 4 pm.
- Along Kirkland Avenue between the Kirkland Way intersection and 6th Street, there will be a temporary road closure with access for local traffic only.
- On-street parking will be restricted in the work area from 7 am – 6 pm.
- Access will be maintained to all businesses and residences. Driveway access may be limited for short periods when work is occurring directly in front of driveways; the contractor will work with the residences and businesses to manage this work.
What to expect
- On-street parking restrictions will be in place near the proposed work locations.
- Extra travel time when driving through the work zone.
- Traffic control, including cones, signs and flaggers, will be used to manage traffic flow and local access.
- Noise and other activity typical of construction: work crews, trucks, materials, grinding & paving equipment.
- Questions? 24-hour project information hotline, 206-205-9196
For more information on the project/ Para más información:
- 24-hour project information hotline/ Para más información*, 206-205-9196
- David Freed 206-263-9453 email@example.com
- Web: http://www.kingcounty.gov/environment/wtd/Construction/East/Kirkland.aspx