Status of the Transit Oriented Development Project
at the King County Metro South Kirkland Park and Ride
The permit review process is underway for the transformation of the King County Metro South Kirkland Park and Ride into a vibrant new mixed use residential and commercial transit oriented development community.
The project includes 239 affordable and market rate housing units, retail/commercial uses, open space plazas, a new parking garage and parking lot improvements for the transit facility.
The following meetings have occurred or are scheduled regarding the project:
- January 9, 2012, the Kirkland Design Review Board conducted the first phase of the Design Review process for the project. Contact Janice Coogan.
- January 23, 2012, the Houghton Community Council was briefed on the proposal.
- February 2, 2012 a Public Open House will be held 7:00-9:00 pm where you can view the architectural plans, meet the project team members and city staff. The open house will be held at the Yarrow Bay Office Park at 10604 NE 38thPlace, in Kirkland (Quad One North Building, Room 110). Contact Janice Coogan.
- February 7, 2012, Kirkland City Council will be briefed on the project.
- February 13th and March 19th the Kirkland Design Review Board will conduct the second phase in the design review process, a Design Response Conference, where they will fine tune the design of the mixed use building on the Kirkland portion of the site.
- In February, the proposed parking garage for the transit facility and other site improvements located in Bellevue will be submitted to the City of Bellevue for design review and other required permits. Contact Sally Nicols or Toni Pratt.
For more information and to continue to receive email announcements about the proposed project go to the South Kirkland Park and Ride webpage located on the Kirkland Planning Department webpage and sign up for the list serv at http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/Planning/Development/TOD.htm