The following message is from King County Waste Water Teatment Division:
Traffic Revisions - Kirkland Ave. (Kirkland Way to Sixth St.)
Sewer Construction will require road closure to through traffic
The week of December 5th, forcemain construction will continue eastbound along Kirkland Avenue, starting near Kirkland Way. In order to safely and efficiently complete this work, Kirkland Avenue (between Kirkland Way and Sixth Street) will be closed to through traffic during work hours. Local and emergency access will be maintained. Forcemain work in this area will last for approximately one month.
Kirkland Avenue from Kirkland Way to Sixth Street
- · Road will be closed except for local access and emergency vehicles from 7 am – 4:30 pm.
- · Parking will be restricted in the work area from 7 am – 6 pm.
- · Signed detours and flaggers will assist drivers and pedestrians through the area.
What to expect
- · Parking restrictions will be in place near the proposed work locations (24-hour advance notice).
- · Road closure with local access only during working hours on Kirkland Avenue between Kirkland Way and Sixth Street starting the week of December 5th.
- · Access to all properties will be maintained.
- · Notifications 48-hours in advance of work occurring directly in front of your location.
- · Work hours Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- · Traffic control, including cones, signs and flaggers, will be used to manage traffic flow and local access.
- · Noise and other activity typical of a construction site: work crews, dust, trucks, construction materials, heavy machinery, and excavation equipment.
- · Excavation of an approximately seven-foot-deep trench in Kirkland Avenue to lay a new 16-inch pipe.
- · 24-hour project information hotline, 206-205-9196
For more information on the project/ Para más información:
- 24-hour project information hotline/ Para más información*, 206-205-9196
- Heidi Sowell, 206-684-1207, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.kingcounty.gov/environment/wtd/Construction/East/Kirkland.aspx