Jessica Greenway (incumbent)
Kirkland City Council Position 4
Party affiliation: This is a non-partisan election, and I intend to keep it non-partisan. My party affiliation is Democrat. Occupation: I have been a small business owner for 25 years: Financial Planner and Investment Advisor. Educational background: BA in Business Administration from Western Washington University; Certified Financial Planner™ Organizational affiliations: Chair of Kirkland Finance Committee, Kirkland Economic Development Committee, Kirkland Housing Committee, Kirkland Disability Board, Kirkland Heritage Society, Financial Planners Association, member of several environmental organizations, member of the Norkirk Neighborhood Association Prior public experience: Served on the Kirkland City Council for 2 terms, Chair of the Metropolitan Solid Waste Management Advisory Committee (MSWMAC), Kirkland Planning Commission, Kirkland Park Board, Founder and Chair of the South Rose Hill - Bridle Trails Neighborhood Association Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.kirklandforgreenway.com
1. Public Safety: Maintain Kirkland's high standards of public safety with adequate funding and staffing.
2. Fiscal Responsibility: Continue my record of fiscal responsibility by championing responsible tax policies, promoting value for your tax dollar, maintaining a sustainable budget, advocating for responsible spending that meets citizen needs.
3. Economic Development: promote a thriving business environment that creates jobs; provide services to retain existing Kirkland businesses.
4. Government Responsiveness: listen to, respond to, and work for citizens.
5. Environmental Stewardship: support parks and green space, protect natural resources, encourage green practices, promote transportation choices, keep Kirkland walkable and bikeable.
KIRKLAND CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATES