A Multiple Sclerosis Workshop Offers Disease Management Strategies
A free workshop, “My Search: The MS Journey of Self-Discovery,” for multiple sclerosis patients and their caregivers will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, March 12, at Evergreen Hospital Medical Center. Ted Brown, MD, the Medical Director of Neuro-Rehabilitation of the MS Center at the Evergreen Neuroscience Institute will be the keynote speaker. The workshop will be held in the Evergreen Education Center, located on the east side of the hospital, 12333 NE 130th Lane.
Topics and speakers include:
- Fatique Management – Ted Brown, MD, MPH
- MS & Stress Management – Kristy Brewer Sherman, Psychologist
- Walking Aids & Other Mobility Devices for MS – Ann Zylstra, Physical Therapist
- Natural Treatments for MS Symptoms – Laura Mischley, Naturopathic Physician
- Where Do We Go From Here? 10 Steps of Having MS – Bill Brayer, President of MS Helping Hands
- Services & Resources – Kasey Minnis, Director of Operations, MS Foundation
Space is limited for the free event. Pre-registration is required. Call Penny Klipfel at 425-712-1804 to register.
Check-in begins at 8 a.m. Coffee and pastries will be available and lunch will be provided.