Program collects school supplies needed for teachers to assist students this fall
WHAT: Bartell Drugs and World Vision launch the 7th Annual "School Tools for Kids in Need" program to collect school supplies for students in need at all 58 Bartell Drug locations now through August 29.
Federal Way-based World Vision provides Puget Sound area teachers --whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs-- to "shop" for school supplies for these children free of charge at World Vision's Teacher Resource Center.
WHERE: All Bartell Drugs Locations in King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties
THE NEED: This three-week school supply drive is especially important as 58,000 local children could begin the school year without the basic school supplies needed to succeed. Basic Needs List suggestions found in Bartell's "School Aisles" include:
- Acme Rulers
- Dixon #2 Pencils
- Bic Cristal or Round Stic Ink Pens - 10 pack. Blue or Black
- Elmer's Glue - Glue-All or School Glue/4 oz. bottles
- 3M Scotch Scissors for Kids
- Avery Glue Stic/2 pack - Acid-free, photo-safe, permanent, washable
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Erasers - 3 pack
- Avery Poly Binders - 1/2" or 1" sizes
- Prang Crayons - 24ct
- Avery Hi-Liter Markers - Yellow or Pink
- C Leonard Erasers
SPECIAL EVENT: The Seattle Storm will be helping to raise awareness of the program at a "Back-to-School Night" game August 21. Bartell Drugs and World Vision will be on hand collecting school supplies.
For more information visit www.bartelldrugs.com