Yesterday’s Invest in Youth Breakfast raised $600,000 for Youth Eastside Services (YES), an organization that provides mental health counseling, substance abuse treatment, and education and prevention programs for youth and families on Seattle’s Eastside.
“We are so moved by this outpouring of support,” said YES Executive Director Patti Skelton-McGougan. “This community of committed, caring donors is what makes our work possible.”
· KIRO 7 news anchor and Voice of the Seahawks Steve Raible
· Alaska Air Group Chairman and CEO Brad Tilden and his wife Danielle Tilden, whose career in youth-serving organizations spans over 25 years
· Seattle Seahawk Jermaine Kearse, who made a special appearance in support of YES
· YES Board of Trustees member Dan Faulker, a realtor and former client of YES
· Youth speaker Tallulah Gronseth, who recovered from substance abuse with YES’ support
· Youth speaker Robert Santos, who is recovering from substance abuse with YES’ support
· Basketball legend and philanthropist Lenny Wilkens
The money raised will support subsidized and free care to struggling families, as well as fund YES’ education and prevention programs.
See photos and a wrap-up of the event at www.YouthEastsideServices.org.