Kirkland Mayor Amy Walen is joined by Deputy Mayor Penny Sweet and Councilmember Shelley Kloba on a tour of the 520 bridge project.
The following 520 bridge timeline is from WSDOT.wa.gov:
The schedule for constructing the other segments of the corridor is pending additional funding.
I-5 to Medina: Bridge Replacement and HOV Project
- 2010 - Publish supplemental draft environmental impact statement.
- 2011 - Issue final environmental impact statement.
- 2012 - Receive permits.
Floating Bridge and Landings Project
- 2012 - Begin construction of pontoons in Tacoma.
- 2012 - Begin construction of new floating bridge.
- 2016 - Anticipated completion of new floating bridge.
West Connection Bridge Project
- 2013 - Begin construction of new bridge.
- 2014 - Complete construction of bridge.
West Approach Bridge North Project
- 2014 - Begin construction of new bridge.
- 2017 - Anticipated completion of new bridge.
Medina to SR 202: Eastside Transit and HOV Project
- 2008 - Conduct environmental scoping.
- 2009 - Issue environmental assessment.
- 2010 - Complete environmental process.
- 2010 - Receive permits.
- 2011 - Begin construction.
- 2014 - Anticipated completion of construction.
Pontoon Construction Project
- 2010 - Publish draft environmental impact statement.
- 2010 - Complete innovative pontoon construction testing effort.
- 2010 - Issue final environmental impact statement.
- 2011 - Receive Record of Decision from FHWA.
- 2011 - Begin pontoon construction in Grays Harbor.
- 2015 - Anticipated completion of pontoon construction.
Lake Washington Congestion Management Project
- 2009 - Variable tolling environmental assessment - issued June 5.
- 2011 - Variable tolling operational.