With election day just around the corner, word on the street is that Proposition 1 to build the ARC may have "jumped the shark." We shall see come Tuesday night (or soon thereafter) as King County Elections releases results.
Fun Fact #1:
A whopping 83 percent of Americans did not know that "jumped the shark" refers to a scene from the hit series "Happy Days." In the scene the famed greaser Fonzie water skis over sharks in his trademark leather jacket, a scene so incongruous that it was self evident that the show had lost it's creative way. Nine percent think the term itself has jumped the shark and seven percent believe that it is still relevant."
Wikipedia has a longer description of Jumping The Shark.
Fun fact #2:
Looking for a place to swim? The Bellevue Aquatics Center has posted their upcoming events and holiday hours and Kirkland residents pay the same fees as those who live in Bellevue! (How did you like that segue? Pretty smooth, eh?)
- Thanksgiving morning - Fit for the Feast (Laps before Naps) - Masters swim workout. Flyer
- Day after Thanksgiving - Youth Appreciation & Safety Day. Kids 12 and under swim free! Flyer
Holiday hours at the Aquatic Center:
- Thanksgiving (November 26) - Closed except for Masters Fit for the Feast Workout from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Day After Thanksgiving (November 27) - Open only for Youth Appreciation & Safety event from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Christmas Eve (December 24) - Open from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Christmas Day (December 25) - Closed.
- New Year's Eve (December 31) - Open from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- New Year's Day (January 1) - Closed.