Commuters should expect traffic delays due to the 4th of July Parade to be held on Friday, July 4, 2014. The Lakeshore Parking Lot will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until approximately 11:00 p.m. The public boat launch will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.and again from 8:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. The parade, picnic, and fireworks draw over 10,000 attendees. Event website information is available at www.explorekirkland.com.
· 6th, 5th, and 4th Avenues from 1st Street to Market Street
- 5th Avenue W from Waverly Way to Market Street
- Waverly Way from 4th Street West to Market Street
- 2nd & 3rd Street W from 5th Ave West to Waverly Way
- Market Street from 7th Avenue to Central Way
- Lake Avenue West
- 1st Street from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- 2nd Place from 3rd Avenue to Central Way
- Central Way from Market Street to Main Street
- Park Lane from Lake Street to Main Street
- Kirkland Avenue from Lake Street to Main Street
- Main Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue
- Lake Street from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue
Fireworks Ban Reminder: The sale, use, and discharge of private, consumer fireworks is banned in Kirkland City limits. For more information, contact the Fire Marshal’s Office at 425-587-3650.
Event goers are encouraged to carpool and plan for their parking in advance. For public parking, including the Kirkland Municipal Garage, go to www.kirklandwa.gov/parking. For bus transportation, go to http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov.