EvergreenHealth is proud to recognize the recipients of the 2014 Nursing Excellence Awards, bestowed annually by EvergreenHealth’s nursing and administrative leaders. The awards recognize extraordinary registered nurses who perform beyond expectations and who contribute to nursing as a profession.
“Each year, National Nurses Week gives us an opportunity to recognize and thank all of EvergreenHealth’s skilled and compassionate nursing staff,” said EvergreenHealth CEO Bob Malte. “We’re fortunate to have bright, innovative practitioners who bring energy, intelligence and compassion to their work, day and night.”
This year’s theme is “Nurses Leading the Way,” and recognizes that nurses step forward to embrace new technologies, resolve emerging issues and accept ever-changing roles in the profession. Nursing Excellence Awards are imparted in nine categories to reflect the breadth of roles, services and skills that EvergreenHealth’s nurses epitomize on a daily basis. This year’s honorees are:
· Clinical Care: Silvia Catinas, Outpatient Hospice
· Innovation and Creativity: Katy Barclay, Family Maternity Center
· Patient Advocacy: Joseph LaFleur, Hospice
· Leadership: Christine (Chris) Adams, Family Maternity Center
· Education: Dana Ryan, Hospice and Home Health
· Research and Advancing the Profession: Katie Colleen (Williams) Maletich, Quality Management
· Community Service: Kathy Hall
· Mentoring: Kristin Richey, Family Maternity Center
· Rising Star: Robin Tanner, Emergency Department
“Our nurses are skilled clinicians, organizational leaders and compassionate care providers who bring integrity and dedication to work with them every day,” said Neil Johnson, RN, SVP and COO of EvergreenHealth. “They sustain our culture of highly personalized care and service, and lead us all in enriching the health and well-being of our patients and their loved ones.”
The nine recipients were selected from among 120 nurses nominated by their peers in the weeks leading up to National Nurses Week in May. The winners were selected by a committee of nurses including front-line staff, clinical nurse managers and nursing directors, and were honored during EvergreenHealth’s week-long National Nurses Week celebration held May 5 through 11, 2014.
For more information about EvergreenHealth, visit www.evergreenhealth.com.