I am a parent of 2 students at Helen Keller Elementary in Kirkland. My child’s school was replaced thanks to an earlier successful bond measure.
Getting a simple cafeteria was a big deal to my family. Before, kids ate in their classrooms, often spilling and getting crumbs everywhere. A peanut allergic child, this was a daily stressor for my son. Now he is much safer at lunch time and more relaxed in the classroom.
Other schools in the district also need to be replaced. The $404 million Lake Washington School District bond measure will be on the April Special Election. It will:
• Build 3 new elementary schools
• Build 1 new middle school
• Re-build and expand Juanita High School
• Build new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) high school on the Juanita High School campus in Kirkland
• Build new addition at Lake Washington High School
Please vote yes when you get your ballot in early April. Return your ballot early; don’t wait til the last minute. Every vote counts!
Helen Keller PTA Co-President, parent of 2