… Honoring a Business, Organization or Individual for outstanding contributions to the Arts, Culture, and/or Heritage in Kirkland
*Collaboration of Arts, Culture, Heritage, Education, and Theatre
The Kirkland Cultural Arts Commission and Mayor’s CACHET (Collaboration of Arts, Culture, Heritage, Education, and Theatre) Award recognizes a business, organization, or individual who exemplifies the spirit of CACHET by fostering a vibrant Arts, Culture, and/or Heritage community in the city of Kirkland.
The awards ceremony will be held the evening of Wednesday, April 2nd at the Kirkland Performance Center, 350 Kirkland Ave, Kirkland. All nominations are due by Friday, February 14th, 2014 at 12:00 PM (noon).
- Nominee must either live in and/or do business in and/or be or be part of an organization in the city of Kirkland.
- Neither the Nominee nor the Nominator may be a member of the Kirkland City Council, the Kirkland Cultural Arts Commission, or the Kirkland CACHET committee.
- Although long-term efforts may be included and considered, nominee must have made a significant contribution to the Kirkland arts, culture, and heritage community (see criteria below) during 2013.
The CACHET Award is designed to recognize individuals, businesses, and organizations who significantly contribute to the Kirkland community in some or all of the following ways:
- noticeably add to the artistic, cultural, or heritage environment of Kirkland through their actions
- actively foster and promote the value of enriching and supporting the arts, culture, or heritage locally
- enthusiastically advocate for a vibrant artistic, cultural, or heritage experience in Kirkland
- encourage others to contribute to the artistic, cultural, or heritage community in Kirkland
- provide and/or advocate for education and the active practice of the arts, culture, or heritage in Kirkland
- contribute to Kirkland’s reputation as an artistic, cultural, and heritage destination
- vigorously pursue artistic excellence in their own work and/or promote it in the work of others
Nomination & Selection Process
- Please fill out the whole nomination form.
- You may print a hard copy and handwrite your responses or type them directly into the form. If handwriting, please print legibly using a black or blue pen.
- All nominations and support materials submitted become the property of the Kirkland Cultural Arts Commission and will not be returned.
- Nominations may be submitted three ways:
- Email an electronic version (saved as a .PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a hard copy to:
City of Kirkland
Attn: CACHET Award c/o Philly Hoshko
123 Fifth Avenue
Kirkland, Washington 98033
- Drop off a hard copy at Kirkland City Hall (123 Fifth Ave, Kirkland) in an envelope labeled “Attn: CACHET Award c/o Philly Hoshko.”
- All nominations are due by Friday, February 14th at noon. Nominations received after that time will not be considered.
- Nominations will be pre-screened by the Kirkland CACHET committee. Final award recipient(s) will be selected by the Kirkland Cultural Arts Commission and the Mayor.
- Award winner(s) will be kept confidential until the awards ceremony, which will take place on the evening of Wednesday, April 2nd at the Kirkland Performance Center.