Beginning Monday, May 7 crews will begin tree removal along NE Points Drive, starting at the top of the hill and working to the east along the south side of the road. Portions of the road will be closed for the remainder of the year for tree removal, retaining wall and roadway construction.
• Northeast Point Drive remains closed west of 100th Lane Northeast and east of 96th Avenue Northeast through 2012, and single-lane closures will be required along Northeast Points Drive east of
100th Lane Northeast to safely complete the work.
• Drivers should continue to use Bellevue Way to access Northeast Points Drive east of 96th Avenue Northeast.
• Pedestrian and bicycle access will be maintained on Northeast Points Drive at all times.
• As part of this work, all trees between Northeast Points Drive and SR 520 have to be removed to make room for new retaining walls that will support the wider highway and regional bicycle/pedestrian path.
• Construction of retaining walls will begin when tree removal is complete, in approximately one month. Wall construction will continue into 2013.
• The retaining wall facing Northeast Points Drive will have a textured finish called Cascadian Stone. We will replant shrubs, vines, and, where possible, trees along the base of the new retaining wall when it is complete. See reverse side of this page for an illustration.