Starting the week of February 20, a King County Contractor will be demolishing the western portion of the Kirkland Pump Station building. This portion of the building (western third) must be removed to allow room for construction of the new pump station. Additional noise and construction equipment should be expected around the pump station and in the Park Lane staging area. Demolition will continue for approximately three weeks.
The pump station is located at the corner of Third Street and Park Lane in downtown Kirkland. The new pump station will provide increased wastewater conveyance capacity to accommodate future growth. King County will continue operations of the existing pump station while constructing the new pump station around it. Safe, reliable wastewater conveyance and treatment service is critical to protecting public health and the environment, and supporting our region’s economy and quality of life.
Thank you for your continued patience with construction. King County will continue the work with as little disruption to residents and visitors to the area as possible.
What to expect
- Closure of Park Lane between Main Street and Third Street for construction staging.
- Work hours Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Activity typical of a construction site: work crews, truck hauling, construction materials, and heavy machinery.
- Project and construction updates on the Web.
- Questions? Call the 24-hour project information hotline, 206-205-9196
For more information on the project/ Para más información:
- 24-hour project information hotline/ Para más información*, 206-205-9196
- Heidi Sowell, 206-684-1207, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.kingcounty.gov/environment/wtd/Construction/East/Kirkland.aspx