Sewer pipeline construction has shifted along Kirkland Avenue, just east of Sixth Street. In order to safely and efficiently complete this work, Kirkland Avenue (between Sixth Street and Railroad Avenue) will be closed to through traffic during working hours. Local and emergency access will be maintained. Forcemain work in this area will last for approximately one month.
Kirkland Avenue from Sixth Street to Railroad Avenue
- Road will be closed except for local access and emergency vehicles from 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Parking will be restricted in the work area from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Signed detours and flaggers will assist drivers and pedestrians through the area.
What to expect
- Parking restrictions will be in place near the proposed work locations (24-hour advance notice).
- Road closure with local access only during working hours on Kirkland Avenue between Sixth Street and Railroad Avenue.
- Access to all properties will be maintained. Please plan for delays when construction is directly in front of your driveway. Crews will move steel plates over active construction to allow access.
- Notifications 48-hours in advance of work occurring directly in front of your location.
- Work hours Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The contractor will not work on December 23, 26 and 30, or on January 2 due to the holidays.
- Traffic control, including cones, signs and flaggers, will be used to manage traffic flow and local access.
- Noise and other activity typical of a construction site: work crews, dust, trucks, construction materials, heavy machinery, and excavation equipment.
- Excavation of an approximately seven-foot-deep trench in Kirkland Avenue to lay a new 16-inch pipe.
- Questions: 24-hour project information hotline, 206-205-9196