What: We are pleased to announce that the City of Kirkland is part of the largest public investment in electric vehicle infrastructure improvements in our region to date. Kirkland was awarded a Clean Cities grant from Western Washington Clean Cities administered by King County and funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The County is partnering with the City to construct five electric vehicle charging stations at three separate locations in Kirkland.
This effort will benefit individuals who drive electric vehicles and are likely to be dependent on vehicle recharging stations at park-and-ride lots.For more information, go to www.kingcounty.gov and search charging station program around King County. http://www.kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/KeyInitiatives/ElectricVehicles/ChargingStationProgram.aspx
Where: See map on attached PDF.
Site A: Marina Park
Site B: Library Garage
Site C: City Hall
When: Construction by the City’s contractor is expected to begin the week of October 31 and is anticipated to be complete by mid November. Many factors, including weather could influence the schedule and actual days work is being done. Work hours are scheduled between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
What to Expect:
- There may be inconvenience associated with walking or driving through the work zone.
- Traffic control and flagging operations will be in effect.
- No-parking signs will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of any parking restrictions.
- Open trenches will be backfilled and/or covered at the end of each work day.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained throughout the construction process.
- Easy access to information and construction updates:
Call the construction hotline: (425) 587-3838.