Daily news and views for the city of Kirkland, Washington
1. Today, Kirkland is home to over 80,000 people. Its charming waterfront downtown still has that Small Town Feel.
4. Cold winter days are warmed at Kirkland's many artisan coffee shops where you may find a poetry reading or a free performance to enjoy with your neighbors.
7. When the wind kicks up at Juanita Beach Park, the wild-eyed and cold-blooded parasurfers show their stuff.
10. Dine downtown and catch a fabulous show for two at the Kirkland Performance Center. KPC ignites the imagination and connects audiences and artists.
13. The Polar Bear Plunge is a favorite for hundreds as they shake off the cobwebs at this New Year's Day tradition.
16. Kirkland's 13 unique Neighborhoods each offer a mix of parks and recreation fields, shopping districts and history.
19. Kirkland boasts a variety of Excellent Restaurants and premiere accommodations like The Heathman and Woodmark Hotels.
2. The Sunsets viewed along Lake WA Blvd from Carillon Point , Houghton Beach, Marsh Park & David E. Brink Park.
5. Find your own favorite Kirkland hidden gem. Here is ours: visit DERU Market just north of downtown and your taste buds will thank you.
8. The Kirkland Shamrock Run is the best way to start St. Patrick's Day. And a Guiness at the Wilde Rover.
11. Bald Eagle Watching in Heritage Park is a favorite pastime for locals. Keep an eye out for the nest in this 11 acre park with visas to the west.
14. Marina Park is located in the heart of downtown and is home to many community events.
17. Outdoor Concerts are favorites for all ages. Look for the Summer Concert Series and Kirkland Summerfest.
20. Rain or shine, Kirklanders Love Their City and are passionate about being involved.
3. Tree-lined Park Lane is great to walk and shop, browse art galleries and enjoy a stop for a coffee and a bite to eat.
6. Kirkland is undeniably a dog town. Pooches of all shapes and sizes are welcome in most shops and of course, at Jasper's Off-Leash Park.
9. Each summer, teams from around the world compete in the Junior Softball World Series in Everest Park.
12, Enjoy cold beer, hot sausages & Sizzling Oompah at Kirkland Oktoberfest (September 25, 26 & 27, 2015) and the KIDS' FAVORITE event, KIRKLAND SUMMERFEST (AUGUST 8-8, 2015).
15. The Argosy Christmas Ships frequent Kirkland's many waterfront parks during the holiday season.
18. Community Stewardship is alive and well in Kirkland with volunteers and organizations like Kudos Kirkland helping to beautify our neighborhoods.
Contact us About us FAQ Advertise on Kirkland Views Terms & Conditions